Powered by badass bosses (that's you.)
A business is nothing without its customers, and the clients we have the privilege of partnering with here at NFGᶜᵒ take the cake for being the best and brightest (if we do say so ourselves.) Spanning a variety of industries from writers to personal chefs to photographers to cannabis, NFGᶜᵒ clients have a few things in common:
- a burning desire to help their people improve their lives or businesses
- a deep love for what they do and (more often than not) an untraditional approach towards how they do it
- a "take no prisoners" attitude towards growing their businesses
- passion for changing the world and making it a better place
- an unerring sense of style and creativity, even if they're not in traditionally "creative" fields
Otherwise known as the "fuck yes or fuck no" principles that guide daily life at NFGco. If it's not a fuck yes, it's a fuck no! (Sorry, mom.)
1. Be bold, not italic.
2. do no harm (but take no shit.)
3. make great art for great people
4. embrace your weird.
5. always aim to surprise and delight!
EvOLUTION OF A BRAND
Hi! I'm Lindsay Goldner and NFGcois my creative studio for branding and illustrative storytelling. With my furry helper Finn, we call Portland, OR our home base of operations. I studied English and American Studies as an undergraduate at UC Berkeley and worked in copyediting, and began my post-college career working with tech startups to create content and social media strategies. In 2011, I transitioned into design full-time and began the first iteration of my business out of a love for everything creative and design-related. Since then, my work has accompanied TEDx talks, 4 published books, SXSW panels, Huffington Post, a White House presentation, and in some cases has garnered millions of social media impressions. Despite my time working in-house at an agency in LA and pairing with agencies along the way, I've found that my heart is really with small businesses and independent shops, and I love the way that being a business owner allows me to learn and grow constantly.
Speaking of growth, I fully believe that our culture needs far more discussion and frank, heartfelt discussion around how we screw up as human beings on the regular, particularly with regards to race, gender, and mental health, and those are things that I talk about frequently alongside design and lettering on my social channels. Oh, and cats. And cooking, and Hamilton, and tattoos.